Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 2.

Things are still a little hazy.
Today was an incredibly hectic day- I had piano lessons for an hour after school, and then went to record music for a college CD at church just an hour after. My mind was so hyped up for these events that I was really emotionally tired afterward. I was exhausted from the hour and a half of performing and recording, and when I got home I still had a bunch of homework left.
Today's problem for meditation wasn't so much distraction as it was the want for sleep. I can't say that I get 9 or 10 hours of sleep each day, so the lack of full sleep combined with my hectic schedule really made it hard to sit for 20 minutes with my eyes closed, concentrating.
I just wanted to sleep, and several times I found myself drifting off and I would jerk awake, only to remember I was supposed to be concentrating on my breath.
This hasn't happened before while I was meditating, so I'll have to work on doing this stress reliever at a different time of the day, preferably when I'm not so tired!