Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 3.

After three days of meditation, I'm trying to figure out whether or not it's really helping my stress levels. So far, it seems as though I have something distracting me from truly concentrating on meditation, whether it be work or sleep or fun, and that's impeding my stress-relieving progress!
However, in a discussion with one of my friends, she mentioned journaling as a great stress reliever- instead of just trying to clear your mind for a bit through meditation, you can put your thoughts and distractions (and stresses) onto paper and that helps you cope with your problems.
I think, maybe this weekend after Week 1 of this OLE is over, I will begin to journal in addition to my meditation.
That way I can fight my stresses by voicing them and figuring out ways to avoid them (or even just letting them out- that always helps!) and then meditating after I've put out everything that was previously holding my mind.